JUAREZ, Mexico (KTSM) — A Juárez man is behind bars after authorities say he was illegally in possession of a tiger that was freely roaming a Juárez neighborhood, frightening residents.
The 5-month-old tiger named Thor was roaming Colonia Parajes de Oriente in South Juárez this week when concerned neighbors contacted authorities. Police eventually located the tiger, fast asleep inside a Nissan Maxima driven by a man identified as Daniel P.C.
The suspect was asked for papers indicating legal ownership of the tiger, and was arrested when he failed to provide any legal documents. The tiger was turned over to the Juárez animal shelter for care.
- Mexican cops arrest pair wanted in U.S.; one has murder warrant out of Dallas
- CBP: Spike in immigration violators at South Texas ports of entry
- Civil rights group expanding footprint on Texas-Mexico border
- Chief deputy gets busted in Texas prostitution sting, loses job
- Pugs reunited with migrant owners at end of 3,000-mile trek from Venezuela