JUAREZ, Mexico (KTSM) — A Juárez man is behind bars after authorities say he was illegally in possession of a tiger that was freely roaming a Juárez neighborhood, frightening residents.
The 5-month-old tiger named Thor was roaming Colonia Parajes de Oriente in South Juárez this week when concerned neighbors contacted authorities. Police eventually located the tiger, fast asleep inside a Nissan Maxima driven by a man identified as Daniel P.C.
The suspect was asked for papers indicating legal ownership of the tiger, and was arrested when he failed to provide any legal documents. The tiger was turned over to the Juárez animal shelter for care.
- Otay Mesa in San Diego ‘sweet spot’ for digging drug tunnels
- Homeland secretary readies forces for end of Title 42 at South Texas border
- Asylum-seekers sleeping on street as migrant shelters fill up
- GOP candidates promote ‘replacement’ theory
- 132 migrants removed from U.S. on ICE flight back to Guatemala