Border Wall

What you need to know about the border wall

Is it a wall or a fence?

There are differing opinions about the proper term for the barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border. Many of those who’ve long lived in communities along the border have known it as the “fence.” Across the U.S., it’s most frequently called the “wall,” which some say is a politically-charged term. The staff of always strives to cover border barrier stories in a balanced, objective way. Currently, “wall” is the term most widely used nationally, according to Google Trends data.

More Border Wall

El Paso Correspondent Latest Stories

View All Julian Resendiz

South Texas Correspondent Latest Stories

View All Sandra Sanchez

California Correspondent Latest Stories

View All Salvador Rivera

Trending Stories

Washington D.C.

View All Washington, D.C.

Don't Miss


About Border Report

The mission of is to provide real-time delivery of the untold local stories about people living, working and migrating along the U.S. border with Mexico. The information is gathered by experienced and trusted Nexstar Media Group journalists hired specifically to cover the border.