EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) The Texas Rangers and FBI are investigating a shooting that left one person dead and another injured Tuesday night in Hudspeth County.
The FBI El Paso field office said in a statement the shooting happened in the evening of Sept. 27 in Sierra Blanca, Texas.
The people shot were part of a group of migrants, according to the FBI.
The FBI said there is no pending threat to public safety at this time.
The FBI is asking if anyone has any information or was a witness to the incident, please call the FBI El Paso Field Office at (915) 832-5000 or 800-CALL-FBI (800-225-5324) or the Texas Rangers at (915) 849-4000.
This is an ongoing investigation by the Texas Rangers and FBI and no further information is available at this time.
- Inside an Arizona anti-smuggling unit ride-along
- Chihuahua halts 1,500-strong migrant caravan
- Venezuelan migrants unfazed by Title 42 appeal
- As unofficial border ambassador, mayor says the U.S. and Mexico truly are codependent
- 8 dead as violence again erupts south of the border in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
- 704 migrants encountered in single event near Eagle Pass ranch