El Paso, Texas (KTSM) — A metal monolith has been discovered — this time in the Sun City.
The three-sided silver structured sparked much curiosity among those who found it and word of it spread quickly. In West El Paso, KTSM 9 News spotted several El Pasoans taking selfies next to the mysterious piece at one shopping center on Sunset Road near Doniphan Drive.
This viral trend is prompting people from all over the country to seek out metal structures as they seem to appear out of nowhere and make headlines around the world.
Some El Pasoans we spoke with say the whole thing is fascinating.
“It could be a symbol or maybe it’s a warning. It could be a warning from the aliens. That’s all I’m saying,” El Pasoan Dominic Gomez said.
Unfortunately, the monolith did not last long. A few hours after its discovery, some people allegedly stole the structure.
After many attempts, and despite cellphone cameras rolling, the suspects were able to detach it and load the monolith onto a truck.
On Instagram, videos from fitfamelpaso show several groups of people attempting to load it to different vehicles.
The first monolith mysteriously appeared in Utah in late November and has since appeared in other areas around the world including Britain, California, and even Albuquerque.
- El Paso ‘Dreamer’ reacts to Biden preserving DACA, says more needs to be done
- ICE frees potential witnesses in Georgia medical abuse case
- Mexico has $1 million for ‘Dreamers’ in the U.S.
- Boom system installed south of the border to prevent trash from flowing into U.S.
- They’re ‘noncitizens’ not ‘aliens,’ Biden administration says