EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Customs and Border Protection officers working at the Ysleta Port of Entry seized 1,543 pounds of liquid methamphetamine Wednesday.
The seizure happened shortly after 7 p.m. when a tractor-trailer entered the port of entry commercial cargo facility from Mexico. CBP officers selected the shipment for inspection.
According to a news release, CBP officers unloaded the shipment of multi-use cleaner and determined that 32 bottles in the shipment contained liquid methamphetamine.
“This is a huge seizure and more than triples the 425 pounds of methamphetamine seized by CBP officers working El Paso area ports for all of the Fiscal Year 2019,” said Hector Mancha, CBP El Paso Director of Field Operations in a release.
- Bologna bust: Border officers seize prohibited pork product
- Liquid cocaine in shampoo bottles seized, CBP says
- Corn pest: Border officers detect snout weevil for
firsttime in agricultural shipment
- CBP: 2nd mom tries to smuggle meth through same California checkpoint
Womanhid load of meth inside her body, CBP says
- 2 women attempt to smuggle thousands of rounds of ammunition into Mexico, CBP says
The contraband was seized, and the investigation remains ongoing.