Lawsuit seeks additional Walmart security information

El Paso Strong

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — One of the lawsuits filed against Walmart after the mass shooting on Aug. 3 is moving forward.

According to the Ammon’s Law Firm, several of the victims have filed a motion asking the judge to order Walmart to release information and documents about their security practices. The firm alleges Walmart has not responded to their requests to release the information.

Walmart denied the allegations and said it will rely on the court for guidance.

“We have complete respect for the rules of the court and the process, and we are appropriately following them,” the company said in a statement. “We deny these allegations. This is a complicated case in which a great deal of information remains in the sole possession of law enforcement and prosecutors as they seek to appropriately hold Patrick Crusius accountable for the horrific acts of August 3. We believe the discovery requests are premature and we expect the Court will ultimately provide guidance on that issue.”

As KTSM previously reported, the Houston law firm became the first to file suit against Walmart after the shooting. They are representing six families and one individual. The lawsuit is taking issue with why Walmart didn’t have certain security measures in place to protect its customers.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

El Paso Correspondent Latest Stories

More Julian Resendiz

Washington D.C.

More Washington D.C.
borderlogo

About Border Report

The mission of BorderReport.com is to provide real-time delivery of the untold local stories about people living, working and migrating along the U.S. border with Mexico. The information is gathered by experienced and trusted Nexstar Media Group journalists hired specifically to cover the border.